Sunday, August 22, 2010

Young Single Adults Unite.

Today was my first day of church in my new ward. It was at 10:30 for some odd reason; I think it regularly starts at 11. Shalisa and Gabby both gave talks and they did quite splendidly. The sacrament boys were pretty cute, I must say. It made me regret sleeping in this morning instead of getting ready. The meeting was short and sweet and we chatted for a few minutes after. Cody, Gabby's man at the moment, asked me what I thought about Matt, one of the boys that came over to play Phase 10 last night. Ugh I know what that means. He was very nice but also shy and socially inept. He rides a motorcycle, if that counts for anything. Let's cross our fingers that nothing comes out of it because I'm not too keen on the kid.

I've gotten to know the girls a lot better. Gabby is really fun and I understand why she's so liked by everyone. She just makes you feel like you've known eachother for years and shares everything with you. Connie is really funny and reminds me of Lindsey a little, because she doesn't care what you think of her and she's just really comfortable to be around. She's super trusting as well, I found out, because today when we were riding to a fireside I said that I had forgot my phone and I had told Lindsey I would call her when we left. We were already at the church building, so she hopped out and tossed me her keys and said I could run back and get it and she'd save spots. I'm not sure I could do that so soon, I was a little amazed. I've gotten to know Courtney a lot better. I think we'll be great friends. I love her smile. I haven't seen much of Trina since the last post, I think she works a lot and does stuff with the school too. Hopefully her boy isn't being too hard on her.

I'm still getting adjusted to living away from home. I called and cried to my mom basically and she put money in my account for groceries so I will no longer starve. Thank goodness.

Some things I miss dearly at the moment: my own bathroom and sink. Articles of clothing that I foolishly left behind. My friends. My family. My car. Home cooked meals. Having things to do. My comfort zone. I'm sure I'll become adjusted soon enough, I just have to stick it out. The first day of school is tomorrow. WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?! Bahahaha just joking. A little. I'm nervous for it. Luckily me and Lindsey have the same first two classes so I won't be alone. Agh I am so thankful for this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment