Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Week of Many Welcomes.

I think I have met about a thousand new people this week, which is good. unfortunately I'll probably only retain about 10% of the names I learned. Yesterday was fun, a good way to start off the year. I had english first with Lindsey at 10 o'clock. It's nice to have my first class that late because that means that everyone else is gone and I get the apartment to myself to get ready and such. I started off my morning right with Beiber and Honey Bunches of Oats. Delicious. English went well, my teacher seems nice and she said that we'll only have about 4 papers the entire semester. Communications was next, also with Lindsey, at 11. That class seemed good because I didn't get the feel that there was going to be a huge work load- that it was just one of those classes that you get the grade for just showing up.
My next class wasn't for another two hours after that so me and Lindsey took a field trip to the Library and got a feel for how it works. I checked out Lovely Bones because I've heard it's good. We stalled for time and then I went to my last class, biology. The classroom was pretty legit, like the ones you see in movies where there is about 50 seats and the teacher is lower in the room than the students. I felt so grown up. I liked my teacher, she has that scientist eccentric energy about her and she made fun of herself a lot. I liked that she seemed eager to help anyone too. Which I may need a lot of these next few months. She said that we'd probably need to study about 1 to 2 hours a night! I might die!

After that Linds and I took a trip to Cafe Rio and it was SO GOOD. I was starving by that point. We both got coupons for free dessert too. It was a good day. That night was the carnival at the school for Welcome Week. We didn't stay long because it was kinda lame and we had homework. We came back for fireworks later and Gabby saw Cody... and Mckay. And Austin. And Logan... haha all her boys showed up at the same time, it was hilarious. She ended up telling him that she didn't want a serious relationship with him and he took it pretty hard. But that's a good thing for me because I probably won't have to deal with Matt again.

There's a boy that I have to mention. His name is Nils and he's in our ward. He's like our apartment big brother. He gives us blessings when we need them and makes us cookies and such. He is hilarious, a return missionary, and a good church boy. Him and Connie are going to get married. I like when he comes to play. I guess I should also mention Brayden (sp?). He is Courtney's older brother and he tags along with us sometimes. He talks to me a lot but I hope he isn't interested. He just isn't my type and he's honestly a good foot and a half taller than me. He's nice though. Hopefully he can find a nice tall, also socially awkward girl to date. Not me.

Today was my first day of institute. It went well. There was even two cute guys in my class. TOO BAD THEY'RE MARRIED. Ugh. I now have learned that cute boys go on missions. Or get married. But they certainly don't take classes at Dixie. Oh what bad luck. I am now going to take about 4 online tests and study for a biology lecture in the morning. Heaven help me.

Oh. P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE SISTER. If any of you see Lindsey round town you should wish her a happy birthday. She'd like that.

1 comment:

  1. dear megan. i wish you would write more often. just to let you know! i miss you a lot by the way, high school drama is mediocre this year.

    ReplyDelete