Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Summer, Where'd You Go?

Even here at sunny St. George, the heat has left us. I feel like I'm living in Forks! No sun for the last three days. So much rain. And you know what that means! Puddle jumping galore. Rivers of water to drive through. It is fun. It reminds me of that fantastic day we went puddle hunting in the grocery store parking lot, remember? It was so good. It also made me miss you guys a bit. But no bother, I'll be home in two weeks.

Conference was so so good. I loved President Monson and President Uchtdorf's talks the best. I am going to have more gratitude in my life, and when I come upon tribulation I'm going to slow down and look to the Lord for strength. He can get me through anything. I am so excited for the Ensign to come with all the talks in it. I'ma mark it right up.

Missionary work is such an amazing thing. I've been thinking about it a lot lately because of all the missionaries in my life at the moment, both preparing and returned. I'm so glad that there are worthy young men out there willing to give up so much so that the families they teach can be together forever. I honestly love hearing mission stories. Which is good because of all the RMs I run into around campus. I have realized to a greater extent how much they learn on their missions and how much they grow. Yesterday one of my roommates ripped some of the ligaments in the right side of her neck. Two boys from our ward came over and gave her a blessing. I can't sit through a blessing without getting chills. They are so powerful. They both served foreign missions so they weren't positive on the wording for the ordinance in English. I thought it was funny. They could have blessed her in German.

I have such a good feeling about the future right now. I'm excited to get started on the internships and training classes for my medical radiography degree. I'm excited to be able to say I made it through my first semester of Dixie State in one piece, even though we're only half way through, I'm surviving. With decent grades even. I'm so excited for Christmas! I have even gained an appreciation for my family. Oh, the amazing things that college can teach you.

Anyhow, I miss you all. Everytime I pass a frozen yogurt place I think of Alexxxxx and everytime I see a VW bug I think of Mallory in her fancy new ride. And of course everytime I see a crow I yell "Black Chuckun!!!!" without thinking and then I miss our stinky house boat and then I miss you all. It's a brutal cycle. I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying yourselves! Have a happy Tuesdee!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap I love you.
    hahahaha! I just need a confirmation from you on one thing about this post.

    ReplyDelete