Monday, September 27, 2010

So I Freaked Out. A Little.

Well this story must really begin with a little background on the star character. For the sake of protecting his identity (or really to protect my life, because if he found this I wouldn't put it beyond him to hunt me down and burn me in my sleep), we'll call him Steven Stupidface. I noticed him the first day of communications class mostly because he had a full man-beard, and he talked more than the average person. He's about 30 years old, a self proclaimed problem starter- "I like to question everything, when a teacher says something is the way it is, I always ask 'why?'". And believe me, he's not exaggerating when he says that. This kid talks more in the class than the professor. He drives me nuts. Oh, here's a little taste of this awesome individual:


No, he hasn't published a book. Yet. I'm sure he will someday and no one will read it. So anyhow, today he was going on about his usual antics. My teacher was just talking about how people don't usually keep eye contact when they lie and Mr. Stupidface of course had to disagree: "Well not necessarily..." blah blah blah blahhhhh. After about 5 minutes of his ranting I couldn't take it anymore. It started off as a mumbling complaint to myself but once it got started I couldn't keep it under my breath, "Steve! We're going to kill you. We don't want your input on every section of the chapter. We just want to get through the lesson. So stop talking. Stop challenging everything that he says, and just keep your crap to yourself." Well, he didn't like that apparently because he picked his stuff up and walked out of the classroom. On his way out I started some attempt at an apology and he just said "I DON'T CARE." Me and Lindsey were the only people who thought this was hilarious. I'm pretty sure that my face was bright red... I totally was not expecting him to react like that. The best part was that my teacher barely looked up from his book. He proceeded to keep reading.It really was like the twilight zone. No one else in the class laughed or even noticed.

This story would be a lot funnier to me if I didn't have to work on all my group projects with him until Christmas. Yay.

2 comments:

  1. It took me like 5 minutes to stop laughing at that picture before I could actually get this post open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahha that is hilarious. there is a girl like that in my english class. everything she says is twenty sentences longer than necessary. way to be, shmeg!

    ReplyDelete